Could you be our next star animator and winner of #TheIdents?
When it comes to top notch industry awards, film has The Oscars, music has The Brits and now, animation has #TheIdents. At Pebble, we’re made up of some of the most talented animators around and for our first ever run of #TheIdents, we want YOU!
Enter #TheIdents and you could not only win a 6 week paid animation internship at our shiny, state of the art animation studios but receive one on one mentoring with our in-house team of animation wizards to kick start your career.
What do I have to do, we hear you ask? Well, it couldn’t be simpler!
At Pebble, we love making idents. At Christmas, we introduced the world to our mischievous, snowball wielding elves Crankle and Cracker.
And to bust the January blues, our helpful hero Charlotte gave Claude the not-so-strong-man a little friendly encouragement. If you’ve not seen our idents before, have a quick watch below.
Now, it’s over to you. We want you to come up with your own ident, all about the humble pebble. That sturdy little stone you might see floating down a country stream, or chilling on a rocky beach, should be the star of your animated short. And your ident can be in any style you want! Whether it’s stop motion, 2D or character animation, we want you to go animation wild. Consider this your chance to stand out from the animated crowd and earn your place in the Pebble hall of ident fame, alongside earning yourself some top animation training.
To enter #TheIdents:
- Your piece should be delivered in video form
- Last no longer than 15 seconds
- Most importantly, it has to be animated.
- The number one rule is that it has to feature a pebble, pride of place.
So, if you think you could be the first ever winner of #TheIdents, you’ve got two months to make the animated magic happen and our competition will close on May 31st.
Once you’ve got a finished ident, give it a short, snappy title and click here to send us your masterpiece. to make sure the world knows you’re in the running, tweet out ‘@pebble_rocks I just got nominated for #TheIdents’.
We’ll get our finest animation minds on the judging panel and once we’ve gone through the entries, we’ll announce the lucky nominees at the beginning of July on our social media channels – so make sure you like our Facebook page and keep an eye out.
All that’s left to say, is good luck! And welcome to #TheIdents 2017.
For the full T’s & C’s, see below:
- The animation has to be made by you.
- Any animated idents submitted which include copyright protected images, audio or type will be rejected.
- The animation has to feature a pebble of some kind within the animation.
- The animation must be no longer than 15 seconds and be uploaded as a video file. Sound design is welcomed but not necessary.
- The animation must not contain pornographic material, incite hatred or include defamatory or discriminatory content. Any animations including this will be rejected.
- The prize is a 6 week paid animation internship at Pebble Studios with mentoring. The internship will start in July or August 2017.
- Deadline for animation submission is May 31st at 23:59. Once the work has been submitted, you must post ‘@pebble_rocks I just got nominated for #TheIdents’ and like our Facebook page to be considered.